"Missed" Miscarriage??

Im nine weeks 5 days pregnant and lately have been very afraid of having a "missed" miscarriage. I saw the baby last week with a strong healthy heartbeat and two arms and legs lol. But hear of women who miscarry and dont know for weeks? Do you think im overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you are
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• yes...the first 3mths are always scary.Just take your vtamins and take it easy. you'll be fine ( i was the same way)you would know if sum-n was wrong.I bleed for the first 3mths and still gave birth to a healthy baby boy who is 1 in just a couple weeks.Good luck hun.I think you are fine.Never listen to ANYONE when you are pregnant and you become amoomy.Trust your instincts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• mommy...lol!
    Anonymous

• i was the same way as you! and i was CRAZY my whole pregnancy i needed zoloft to even pretend to function! so dont end up like me :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• no i freaked out alot i was so afraid of me miscarring again but like i said again we lost 3 beofre this one . im sure things will be fine your almost to the end of you 1st trimester which is good
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yeah you are overreacting. I did have a friend with a missed miscarriage. It just never happened. She knew and waited a month. Finally she had to have a D&C done.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• First of all honey bear, I don't believe it when women say they "didn't know they miscarried". I've had 2 unfortunately and BOTH times I knew right away, but BOTH of them were entirely different from the other. My 1st miscarrage and pregnancy, I cramped sooooooo bad HAD to take a hot bath. My lower back was in sooo much pain I couldn't walk then it moved to the front. Eventually I started bleeding and went to the hosp. Needless to say baby was dead. 2nd miscarrage was nothing like this. No cramping....no bleeding. I just "knew" something was wrong and my baby wasn't alive anymore. Needless to say, if you are in tune with your body at all, I believe you'll know. I'm sure everything is fine with you. But if it will help you stay calm,(for baby's sake and yours), go get checked out. Why not? You can also buy a heart rate monitor from target and listen to baby's heartbeat whenever you feel anxious ;) Good luck mama! xoxo
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yeah, a missed miscarriage is very rare. I read about it and freaked when I was first pregnant. But it only happens to like 0.5% of people or something ridiculous. You have heard a heartbeat, which already greatly decreases your odds of miscarrying.
    Anonymous

• It happens in 1 out of a hundred pregnancies. Once you hear the heartbeat the risk goes way down.
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2009