Should She Return the Ring?

I was wondering what one does when one is given a family ring as an engagement ring...and then ends up divorced. I get that the ring is a gift, but its intended for the marriage...just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

mambearwhitt4

Asked by mambearwhitt4 at 12:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If she's a kind, considerate type person, yes, give it back.

If she's a b*tch, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If its from his family, the right thing to do is give it back. If it was purchased for her, then it wouldn't be so bad to keep it. I don't know if there's an official ettiquette to that, that is just my opinion.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I agree...giving it back would be the right thing to do!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• family heirlooms should ALWAYS be returned
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If he takes her to court she will have to give it back...its a family heirloom. Happened with me and my ex, I wanted to keep the ring to give our daughter...judge said nope. It was given to me from my ex expecting we would share our lives and since it belonged to his grandmother I had to return it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The person should return it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• give it back for the next wife lol
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Return it only a bitch would keep it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I agree with many, the proper thing to do is give it back. Perhaps think of it from their point of view, the ring passed on from relatives that mean alot like yours mean alot... How would you feel if your brother gave away your grandmothers ring, they divorced and she wouldn't give it back? Family rings belong in the family. My other suggestion would be, if you had a son, offer to give the ring to the son when he gets engaged.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 2:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• This isn't about me, guys. I'm still married and my husband got me my own engagement ring. I was just looking at anniversary rings online and was wondering how I would wear it. Then I started thinking about engagement rings and this question just popped in my mind. Just wanted to make that clear.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2009