Is it just me? Or does Obama seem to talk in circles?

After watching his presidential press conference this evening, I was kind of shocked by how much he talks in circles about things, now even though I didn't support him during the election I figure that even though I have a very hard time trusting him and his decisions that I will give him the benfit of the doubt, however what happened to the great speaker that he was before why is it he just now seems to not know really what he is doing anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• he is an idiot and im glad i never supported him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• its not you
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I didn't vote for Obama. I wasn't thrilled when I found out he won the election, but it is too early to judge. Honestly. But as human beings, that's normal and it will continue. I think it's too early personally to know if "he knows what he's doing or not"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think he is a bit scared and reality has hit him that he is "the President" American's, the world is looking at him for the answers. I think he has great speech writters but they don't speak what he wants to say. Therefore he has a hard time saying the things he was rehearsed to say. I think this economic stimulus plan is the Democratics way of "fixing' things for the now and worrying about the future. They are putting a temporay fix on an even larger problem in the future.
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 1:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• His meeting this morning was mostly "mays" "possibles" and "maybes." I had to try to recap it for some people who didn't see it, and they immediately accused me of slanting it and leaving things out, so I sent them a link to video of the entire thing and they heard it from his own mouth. Tonight was more of the same.
    I don't think he's inherently stupid, but I think he's now bound by all the realities he didn't have to deal with when he was campaigning. Everyone expects you to break your campaign promises. They get far more upset when you say you'll do things that are totally beyond your control AFTER you're elected.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I wasn't to thrilled with it either.. most of what he said was not reaching out to the topics that really concern us.. they were the same lines he has used over and over again. I really wish he would have touched more on the pork.. rather than the subjects that we really aren't as worried about. He says he wants some people to talk to that are for changing the bill.. but I have not seen and progress from his end.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Me too xxhazeldovexx, I was very disappointed, with the whole thing I really wished he would have just said something, anything, that was more informative. And what was the deal the that one guy asking him about fricken A Rod, I mean seriously, our economy is beyond jacked up and your going to ask him about baseball WTH!

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think he was great at prepared speeches that other people wrote for him. He does not do well under pressure and at having to answer questions off the cuff.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i voted for bob barr, im a libertarian, but i vowed to support whoever the public picked and i support obama. if the public hates him we can vote him out in 2011 :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• He repeats parts that people ask about, then defines it, and then wraps it up again with the topic. It's not talking in circles, it's just the way he's speaking to make it clear what he's addressing, and probably to keep himself on track in a press conference as well.
    I, for one, am ecstatic to finally have a coherent and literate President. I'm not surprised people would take offense to a well-spoken man.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2009