Do you think the Dalai Lama would have a twitter account?

Dalai Lama: Rome Yes, Twitter No

The new Twitter account appeared to be from the Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. At its peak it had 16,000 followers. Today the account has been closed by Twitter, which sent out this statement:

Just wanted to let you know that the Dalai Lama’s account was suspended because it was created by an impersonator. We were contacted by a representative of the OHHDL in Dharamsala, India, and after investigating the account it was determined that the account was indeed a fake.

So what do you think? Would you have joined a Twitter for the Dalai Lama or Pope Benedict XVI to get daily thoughts from his holiness? Would you automatically think "FAKE?" the way I did??

Trixiebelle2

Asked by Trixiebelle2 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't join, but I wouldn't immediately assume the Dalai Lama's account was fake, either - he's a pretty modern guy for being the figurehead of an entire religion. He has his own webasite complete with webcasts.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Hahaha --- that's pretty funny.
    I'll just stick with his website, I think.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2009