HOW LONG DO IT TAKE FOR ME TO BECOME PREGNANT AFTER A MISCARRIAGE?

MZSCOTT22

Asked by MZSCOTT22 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's up to you and your body. There's no fast rule that it will take you a certain amount of time to get pregnant after having a miscarriage. You may be able to become pregnant right away. However, most doctors will give you a time frame that they'd like you to wait before becoming pregnant again. Waiting allows your cervix to close and for your cycle to get back on track. It reduces the risk of having a miscarriage again. I've heard doctors ask their patients to wait anywhere from 6 months up to a year before trying to get pregnant again. Did your doctor make any recommendations for you?

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Idk...every body is different. But When I miscarried one january I found out I was pregnant again that february, so it had to be only a couple weeks. My doc said not to have sex for 6 weeks, but I couldn't help myself.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i can happen the next day that is why most drs will tell you to not have sex at least for a couple weeks to let your body heal
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• everyone is different. i had a miscarriage and it took me 3 months to get prego again. thats bc my doctor told me to hold off for a couple weeks even like 2 months bc my body was going thru alot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You can get pregnant the next time you ovulate. Watch your cycle.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 2:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2009