Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

name change???

how do i change my daughters last name to mine, he fathers not on the BC. I dont even know where to begin.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Get online and do some research at your local state web site. Usualy there are online forms and instructions on how to fill that stuff out. Some states require the father's signature, other's dont. Sometimes it is as simple as providing a birth certificate, flling out a form, and paying a fee to get it changed.

    Answer by sapient at 1:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • I dont know where you are from but in Missouri you have a certain time frame that you can do it for free and after that you just pay a fee and fill out a form.

    Answer by mjnatkait2 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.