What are some fun toys for a 6 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 5 month old loves this book that crinkles. the sound of paper. she also likes things with mirrors.
    thats just her thing i guess
    KCsMom08

Answer by KCsMom08 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Anything that is bold in color, won't fit in his mouth, and is soft enough to not hurt himself if he accidently waves it around and bumps his little head. Have him lay a few feet away and roll a large ball in front of him - great for eye coordination. Different textures are good to explore: cotton, denim, silk, etc. There are many books that are made just for babies. They are cloth and have different textured tabs on the edge of the "pages". Walk around the house and help him touch things, like a plant, the smooth surface of a glass, the bumpy paint on the wall. Mirrors are awesome for little ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• People! Any object can become a toy when Mom is attached to it. Sometimes I find toys can be a little over stimulating, plus you have to worry about the paint and the lead and blah blah blah.

Mine really loved just sitting in front of a mirror with me or someone and playing with a bear or other small toy and making up stories.

Fun things are also things that react to them, like light up Fisher Price things that react when touched. My son LOVES the cars that you hit and they screech and peel out. He would giggle for hours over those things.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 1:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• at 6 months my daughter was all about puttin her mouth on stuff and chewin!! lol..so i would say anything to do with teething! i had this one teething rattle thingy that whenever they bit down on it it vibrated to soothe the teeth! my daughter LOOOVED that! as well as anything that was colourfull and noisy!! she also loved her bouncy chair, and her jolly jumper thingy..i miss those days..lol :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my son is 8mons and he loves the color red, anything thats red, he has to have, and he will play with it for hours. I dont know if all babies do that, or if its just himself, maybe it will be his favorite color? He also likes things that light up, move, and make noise. He likes things he can chew on. We found a teether at kmart the other day, of pooh bear holding a hunny jar, and the hunny jar is what they chew on, and everytime theybite down on it, it vibrates, he loved it, he thinks its funny, but it also helps his gums too. Good Luck, it is hard to find toys that they will play with for more than 5 minutes!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2009