A growing teen

Do you let your teen have snacks in their locker at school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes. I sent healthy snacks, granola bars, trail mix, juices and water for them to keep in their locker. I tried to keep them replenished.

They were there for every day use, but I always knew if they forgot their lunch or money....or if the school was ever locked down for an emergency like bad weather or an earthquake, my kids had food.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Well I don't know what is in her locker . I always have her keep a Cutie or green apple & a granola bar or trail mix in her purse. On certain days because of the AP program at her school she doesn't eat luch until 1:30!!! It is absurd. The parents threw a fit and now they are allowed to take snacks and eat in their 10:30 class.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I've never thought about it, but my 12 yo does take a snack to eat in between 5th and 6th periods, and it's encouraged by admin. His lunch is at 10:30! He gets hungry in the afternoons.

Answer by missanc at 11:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2012

• They don't use their lockers.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2012