HOW DO I FIND A SURAGATE MOTHER?

I HAD CANCER IN 2000 AND HAD A COMPLETE HYSTORECTOMY, WE WANTED A BABY BUT NOW THAT IS SURELY NOT POSSIBLE. WE DONT HAVE MONEY TO SPEND ON EXPENSIVE ATTORNIES AN JUDGES AND SO ON, WE ARE SIMPLY JUST LOOKING PERHAPS FOR A SURAGATE MOM WHO IS WILLING TO CARRY THE BABY,OR EVEN A MOM WHO CANT CARE FOR HER UNBORN BABY AND WANTS TO FIND A GOOD LOVING CARING HOME FOR IT. I HAVE RAISED ALREADY 4 CHILDREN,2 GIRLS OF MY OWN AND 2 ADOPTED BOYS, NOW ONE OF MY ADOPTED BOYS HAS A SON, HE IS MY LITTLE ANGEL BUT WE STILL YERN FOR A NEW BORN BABY OF OUR OWN...WE HAD A TEENAGE GIRL WHO DIDNT WANT HER BABY AND WE WERE GOING TO ADOPT IT..AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS SHE CHANGED HER MIND AND WANTED THE BABY , BACK, I DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT EVER AGAIN, THAT WAS SO PAINFUL. WE ARE FINACIALLY STABLE ENOUGH TO TAKE ON A NEWBORN BABY,WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A GIRL SINCE WE HAVE OUR GRANDSON. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS NEEDING A MOM AN DAD?

CORNFED

Asked by CORNFED at 1:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Adoption

• Surrogate mothers are hard to come by, you should try going to a lawyer first. You don't want a surrogate mom to come back and say they changed their mind. You have to be very careful and selective. Good Luck!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• There are several sites on the internet that can put you in that direction. I was considering being a surrogate myself, but my pregnancies were too complicated to do it. Just google or yahoo search surrogate mother and see what info comes out. There a several, legit links just weed them out. Good Luck!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Check your state laws on surrogate first. You'll find some interesting things. Next, be careful!!!
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 5:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If you cant afford adoption, chances are you cant afford a Surrogate. A experienced surrogate earns $40k in many cases and that is before you pay for the actual operations, etc. Many states do not allow it, if you are serious, I would do a lot of research.

If you adopt again, you may will want to remove phrases such as "one of our own" from your vocabulary. All of your children should be your own, no matter how you came to parent them.
    Anonymous

• If you cannot deal with the idea that a mother will change her mind and want to parent her baby, then do not adopt at all. Some states have very strict laws on surrogacy. Are you and your husband capable of donating your egg and sperm and use a gestational carrier? I am against surrogacy when the surrogate is using her own egg. She is bound to contract and has no choice but to give the baby to you, even if she wants to keep her own flesh and blood.

Pursue foster care or donate your own genetic material for a surrogate to carry. If you can't do that, then deal with the empty next syndrome, because that is what it sounds like you are going thru.
    Anonymous

• You have grandchildren now but you still want to raise a baby? Ok then. There's no guarntee you would get a girl with a surrogant. Are you going to be disappointed if you got a boy instead?
    Anonymous

• How old are you because I want to be a surrogate.
    JaeleensMommy

Answer by JaeleensMommy at 3:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• As a mom of three teens, a kindergartner and a pre-schooler, may I please make a suggestion to you. Take this time in your life to fill it with your grown children and your grandchildren. Use your efforts of wanting another baby in making your already extended family even more important in your life. Oh, and at this point in your life find a little selfishness and focus on interests of your own. Find a hobby, club, charity or volunteer group to fill your free hours. You will find so much satisfaction at the end of the day.
    Best of luck in whatever you decide.
    jennsfiveloves

Answer by jennsfiveloves at 9:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009