ok...this may be a stupid question, buuuut.........

So DID Obama say the stimulus IS approved??? I missed it!

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he did
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• LOL!!! Well I "think" he did too but that still doesn't answer my question silly rabbit!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• no i asked my FIL when he called and he said not yet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• hmmm...well what in the hell is the hold up??? Are they STILL waiting on congress to approve or what??
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Well SHEESHKABOB!!! They need to hurry up and figure it out! I need the money! lol..i know i know...it's not a good thing but i'm TORN!!!! I know it's just a temporary fix, but that temporary fix would help me out soooo much right now! I'm single nad about to have a baby and just got layed off! Man oh man, I could use that money. It won't help the economy though, cuz it'll prolly just go to rent lol. ooops!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• There aren't any checks coming. . .

The stimulus will likely be approved tomorrow in the Senate as it passed a test vote today. They have to iron out the differences with the House bill in order to have something ready for the President to sign.

Neither bill includes stimulus payments for citizens, unless they changed that in the past couple of hours.

I don't want to be mean, but don't hold out hope for that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• so then what the eff is the stimulus for??? I thought WE THE PEOPLE were going to finally get some help. What a crock of shi*!!!!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• mamakat21 the Stimulus package is SUPPOSE to bring jobs back.. however I dont have much faith in the bill they are trying to pass, unless they cut out a lot of the pork when I wasn't looking, lol. It's not like the stimulus checks most of us got last year, since they weren't effective. As lovinangels we won't know much else until tomorrow... however I believe you may be talking about some of the banks money, I believe that part has passed. However I never go to read the whole article because my daughter spilled her dinner all over it, lol. So please correct me if I am wrong there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The stimulus package is a lot of money going to a lot of places that supported Obama during his campaign. It's a bunch of crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• anon 640 - you got that right. This stimulus bill is the biggest pile of crappy spending ever.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 7:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2009