hello everyone! I am in my 6th month. I need help on finding affordable maternity clothing. i am 19 i don't want to look like i am 30. I have tried looking on the internet but the real pretty fashioable clothing are like 100 dollars and up. there must be more reasonable maternity clothing outthere somewhere. I want to look nice while i am pregnant not just wear big t-shirts all the time. Can any1 help me??????????

jacudra

Asked by jacudra at 1:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Check Target, Liz Lange did some cute stuff for maternity wear for them. And you will find someof it on the clearance racks too. I get kind of bummed that I'm not still pregnant when I see some of the cute stuff for cheap there! Also Motherhood maternity isn't so bad for prices.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• http://www.motherhood.com/home.asp?Media=&referer=TypedIn&EntryPoint=Home
    target is ok but their pants are so annoying lol .. motherhood maturnity has great prices and are amazing that is where i shop and lol you wont look 30 im 23 and i didnt want to look old either they have really cute fashions for pregnant moms
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• THRIFT STORES can be your best friend my dear! That's where I've gotten almost ALL of my maternity clothes and I love them and got them for super cheap! I also got clothes from friends, target, and the motherhood store. Motherhood is pretty pricey but they usually have sales going on. Best bet though.....go with the thrift strores. You'll be amazed at what u find. And you can't just stop at one, make a day of it and go to sevral. Make it an adventure!!! I promise you won't be disappointed...its fun ;)
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had a lot of luck getting cute things at good prices from Old Navy
    brandid

Answer by brandid at 2:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Target and try GAP maternity website, check the clearance section, they had some really cute stuff, and I HATE to admit this, but it doesn't look like maternity stuff and my son is 8 months old and I still LOVE to wear the tops I bought off the website. Some of the tops I got were under $10.
    skippy123

Answer by skippy123 at 2:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I really liked Gap maternity. Try ebay. You can find a ton of maternity clothes that have been barely worn. I would go to the Gap, Target, or other stores and try on clothes so you know the right size and style. And then find it on ebay.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Stop looking for MATERNITY. Go find longer, and stretch shirts. Peasant tops make GREAT maternity shirts. If you find maternity, awesome, but look at normal clothes too and you'd be amazed how many would work out okay AND don't look like old lady clothes.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ebay is great for lightly used fashionable maternity clothes... and what maternity clothes aren't lightly used lol. Most of it has only been worn for one pregnancy, and usually for only six months tops. Also, if you can sew at all, you can actually buy cute jeans (or use the ones that you've already worn) and sew a belly band in them. You can get belly bands at motherhood maternity and wear those under your normal shirts and wear a size bigger of regular shirts until you're REALLY popped out (I am still wearing size xl shirts and I'm nine months pregnant)... or anything stretchy. Leggins, tights, and cute accessories go a long way towards taking just a plain denim maternity skirt and making it look young and fashionable. Trust me... I know your pain. I'm only twenty four, and on my fourth baby... and I'm definitely not into the Suzie homemaker look lol.
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 2:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• She's nineteen... not twelve. By the time I was nineteen I was married for two years... jeeze...
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 3:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Old navy was great for me. But like Ranaaurora said, dont limit yourself to maternity. It usually is super expensive and not that great. Check out stuff wherever you go, you'll be surprised at what you can find that works. I think I have maybe 1 shirt that is maternity and I"m eight months along...and I hate it! lol. My best friend is an extra long white or black tank top that I can stick under a shirt that might be an inch or two too short and all the sudden you just have a cute layered look! Good luck, don't get discouraged and have fun. (I was 19 with my daughter by the way and 22 now so I totally understand your dilema :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009