GRRRR.....WHEN is my baby gonna come??? I'm 40 weeks pregnant at soooooo ready for my Rain to be here and I'm not even dialated or effaced AT ALL..WTF??? Any suggestions??? I really don't wanna get induced or have a cesarian...ARGH!!!

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 1:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• happened to me i was 40 weeks and nothing but then it all happened fast over 4 days and then he was here .. im hopeing this one coems faster
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• did you do anything special to bring him on???
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i walked around the zoo lol ... then he started i guess pushing down or what ever and he was ready to come ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ahhhh....so walking really DOES help???
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Your due date can be off by 2 weeks in either direction so in reality you may be as little as 38 weeks. Ultrasound isn't quite as good at getting the date as they would lead us to believe. Dilation and effacement are actually not signs that you will be in labor soon as you can begin dilating many many weeks before labor beings. Many begin dialation at the beginning of labor. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Your baby will come when baby is ready to come, and you can refuse being induced. Actually you don't have to allow anything you don't want to. Good luck mama!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• But my doc just told me today he doesn't allow his patients to get past 41 weeks! So don't I have to get induced if he says??? Can I really refuse it like that?
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:16 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ya it helped me ..
    yes you can refuse an induction he is your dr he can only suggest what he thinks is right if you dotn feel its right you can say no
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If your doc gives you grief, tell him that the common gestation rate in Western Europe is 42 weeks and they have a much lower infant mortality rate. If he still refuses, find a new doctor/midwife. You hired him. He can't force you to do anything.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• shes 40 weeks wouldnt it be hard to find a new one that would take you that late?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• hmmmmm....grrrrr...i'm so confused???? Maybe this storm in AZ and this lovely full moon will make Ani-Rain come sooner lol...then i don't have to worry about induction or c-section ;p)
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 10, 2009