I just found out that Im pregnant (3months) and Im worried about the baby because I just came from Vegas and lots of other drinking. I have stopped since I found out and will not drink again. But still worried about the health of my baby. Is there anything/remedies that help with making the baby HEALTHY from this point on: like special foods or exercises?

LoviNoir

Asked by LoviNoir at 11:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2012 in Pregnancy

• i hope not.. probably not..unless you continue heavy drinking during your pregnancy.
    do you realize how many moms found themselves in the same situation? the night i realized i was pregnant, i'd had 3 beers and was smoking. lol.
    GL and congrats!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Well I hope not. However, I am not a doctor. I would speak with your doctor about your concerns. You can get a referral to a specialist who can go over the risks with you.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Your best bet is to talk with your doctor....The last time I had anything to drink was the night that I concieved my son which was also the day I had turn 21....
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Just clean your act up from here on out, and take your pre natal vitamins religiously!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I'm assuming your already a mother, why would you even be drinking that way if you have a child already? you need to be more responsible and put your kids first. The first weeks of pregnancy are the most important and vital. If your drinking as much as you said you've already caused damage that can not ever be reversed.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Im not a mother and I had vaginal bleeding throughout so i assumed I was just having irregular periods. NOT PREGNANT. My husband and I were considering abortion because of us not knowing but our religious beliefs do not go with that. SO I just wanted to have some extra input seeing how I had my first ultrasound this week. Thanks for all the answers it's pretty helpful for new mothers.
    LoviNoir

Comment by LoviNoir (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• The best thing to do is to talk to your doctor and start your prenatal visits. Have an ultrasound done. Eat healthy foods and take prenatal vitamins every day and don't drink or smoke. You didn't know you were pregnant so it isn't your fault. But you do need to take care of your body for your baby from here on in. If any damage was done it can not be reversed, but drinking in very early pregnancy before you knew you were pregnant should not have caused any harm. Good luck to you.
    MamaScho88

Answer by MamaScho88 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• CEW - WOW, just WOW
    she said she didnt know she was pregnant- I was 5 months before I had any sign of pregnancy ( had my cycle the whole time). She was on vacation, why would she have any reason to not drink if she enjoyed it????

She NOW has stopped adn who are you to assume she was ALREADY a mother and not putting her kids first???

@OP, I hope that your baby is fine- glad you stopped drinking. Talk to your doctor before you make any rash choices.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Wow, CEW! Dramatic much?

OP, talk to your doc, get on a really good prenatal vitamin regimen, and don't stress it. No more drinking, no smoking. Congrats.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 9:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Your baby is probably ok. Make sure you take very good care of yourself the rest of your pregnancy. Tell your dr that you have drank without knowing you were pregnant. You say your religious beliefs won't allow you to have an abortion, so therefore I will take it that you are Christian---so---PRAY! and have faith that He hears your prayers and He answers your prayers. Put it in God's hands and trust Him to handle it, you can't worry and worry and beat yourself up the whole pregnancy because that will cause undue stress on you and yoru baby.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2012