Do you know how much your engagement/ wedding ring cost?

I'm asking because I just got back from having lunch with some ladies I met recently. They are the wives of my husband's co workers. We just moved here so my dh thought it would be a good idea for me to get to know them since I've been terribly lonely :( Anyway they started talking about their rings and were talking about how much their husbands spent. I was just sitting there because I have no clue how much mine cost. He picked them, bought them and insured them. I figured they were gifts from him to me and it's rude to ask about the price of a gift. When I said I didn't know, they just looked at me funny lol, I thought it was the norm to not know.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• I did not have an engagement ring so that would be a great big $0.00

And my wedding ring is a tattoo so that was $50.00

Answer by theMOMmission at 4:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I do know - at least about my engagement ring, but how I got the center diamond is not the norm. The diamond was part of my mom's engagement ring, that my "father" tried to buy from her during their divorce. He offered her $200, 20 years ago it was worth $4000! So I doubt $200 was even close to a fair price when they split. She saved it for me. I also know that if we had gone the more traditional route of him surprising me with a ring, I wouldn't know and it would be fine with me. I actually consider the floral silver band he got me before our formal engagement my first engagement. And I almost love it more than my fancy diamond.

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• They sound a little tacky to talk about that is it let's compare time?? how uncomfortable. the only reason why I know is because I found the bill one day.

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Yes, because I worked at the jewelry store and I designed it.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• My first engagement I didn't, but I did with my second one.

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• No, I don't have an engagement ring. My band was made for us by a Silversmith. Don't know how much

Answer by adnilm at 4:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Yes i know. We were both saving money for a down payment on a house and we were sharing how much details with each other. I know how much his account dropped by. I asked because it was a lot more than I had thought he should spend, but I would never share that with anyone but my very closest friends.

Answer by missanc at 4:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• balagan_imma- That's really sweet, my dh actually proposed to me with a ring pop. About a week later, he surprised me with my ring and he said "I got you this one now, since you ate the first one" LOL!

sarasmommy777- That's exactly what I was thinking too. They were fairly nice, but that aspect made me uncomfortable.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Nope, because it wasn't bought for me. My husband had given it to another girlfriend first, long before I met him. They didn't work out and now her loss was my gain.

Answer by hootie826 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• the firstt one was about 30 or 35 bucks- so pretty, but a stone fell out after a few years so I bought a really cool silver filigree one that had no stones for like 20 bucks...had that for a few years and then the band broke -so now I have one that looks kinda antique and it was also supposed to be 20 dollars-but it rang up as 5! Gotta love Target! WOOHOO
    I still have it and it's also been a few years...

I don't care about diamonds or anything so...

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2012