how did you stop ypur breast milk from coming in or leaking?

i had my son on friday and im not breast feeding but my nipples are leaking really bad and soaking throgh my bra and shirt and when i take them off my nipples drip. i need to know how to stop them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to bind your breast. I wore nursing bra with the nursing pads, and two sports bra's. It's going to hurt bad. They are going to leake when ever you hold your baby and when your taking a warm shower. I stoped leaking like a week and a half. Every one is different.
    SamuelsMami

Answer by SamuelsMami at 5:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• DO NOT bind your breasts (with layers or ace wraps), as this can cause tissue damage. That is old and outdated info. Wear nursing pads or even diapers will work (as long as you're staying home) to absorb the milk. Wear a sports bra for support. You can also use ice cold, crushed outer cabbage leaves. This will help dry you up and the coolness will give some relief. Don't use heat or warm showers, as this can stimulate more milk production.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Your milk is going to come in regardless. It's there for your baby and your body doesn't know there is an alternative. Why not pump and give it in a bottle? It's the perfect food for baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You have to wait it out. Avoid stimulation. DO NOT BIND. This can cause clogged ducts and lead to mastitis. Cold cabbage leaves in the bra are said to help. Once they wilt, and are warm, replace with fresh, cold leaves.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You can't stop it from coming in ... its natures way for you to feed your child. Your body doesn't know that you don't plan on using it. Stay away from heat and binding. Use cool compresses and check with your dr about meds. I don't know your circumstances and why you aren't going to breastfeed but I would highly encourage you to do so as it is the most natural thing for your baby (not to mention the best, most perfect food for them). But to each his/her own. Good luck in whatever you plan on doing.
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• theres no way you can stop your milk from coming in. you should pump and put it in a bottle instead of formula, breastfed is the best fed! and to releive engorgement they have medela shells you can by to put in your bra, wear nursing pads, and pump every time they get full and sore
    MamaMays

Answer by MamaMays at 11:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• "how did you stop ypur breast milk from coming in or leaking?

By not getting pregnant. If you deliver a baby, your breasts will prepare to feed your baby no matter what you do, you just have to live through it if you're going to choose to not use them.
    Anonymous

• I'm trying to bite my tongue here on your decision to not BF...I just urge you to do some research on whats best for your baby and you....if nothing else you'll loose the baby weight faster.
    Any way don't bind...I don't know about the cabbage thing but I've seen it posted a lot. I would see if your doc could Rx some pain meds...I've heard it can be quite uncomfortable.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• honey there aint nothing you can do. just let them go. get those nurseing pads to help thats what i did i had the same problem with all 3 of my kids and the dr. told me there aint nothing i can do.
    tracy210

Answer by tracy210 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009