What do you sahm do to relax after the kids are in Bed?

Im a sahm mom of a 2yr old, 1yr old, and 5yr old. when tthere in bed i can't come down too easily from the stress of the day. Any advie? and what do you ladies do? even working moms.

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 3:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• i plop my butt in front of the tv for an hour, or i play my wii..or i come here
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Sit on my couch with my feet up. Read a book or play on CM and Facebook. And breathe.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I workout from an hour then I read for a while. Or I catch up on some of the shows I watch.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 4:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• cafemom, play Wii, or listen to my kind of music.
    mylilnathan

Answer by mylilnathan at 5:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I crochet!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• A pedicure! I've got the little foot soak tub and I turn that on and soak my feet for about 15 minutes and then go to it. That's about once a week or every 10 days, though. On the other nights, TV, CafeMom, a little cleaning-no big projects, just some tidying up so I feel organized when I go to sleep.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i sit back on the couch and watch something or i pick up a book. i always go to bed at 10pm so i only have 2 hours of quiet time. i suck it up for all its worth..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• im a stay at home mom of a almost 3 year old ADHD son and a 14 month old boy. my days are full of energy. an by the time the kids are in bed (wich is about 9pm) im so effing tired i do the dishes pick up the toys and im in bed aswell (because my little one is up at 5:30) so when they get up its clean,clean, change poop, clean,feed them, naptime (wich is my nap time too) ect. all day everyday i dont really have time for me let alone time for me AND the hubs.
    arkansasmommy21

Answer by arkansasmommy21 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• homework. I am working on my MBA
    newmom530

Answer by newmom530 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I am a SAHM of my 3 year old and my 7 year old SD. Usually after they go to bed I clean up the house from the day and then go to my room and watch TV while I fold laundry, or crochet, or even just play some cards (solitaire) by myself. My SO likes to relax by playing on the computer... so we usually have our personal alone time for a bit after they go to bed, then we both watch some TV or a movie to have our together time.
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 9:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2009