Just got a promotion to store manager and....

the previous manager kept a huge bag of chocolate in a cabinet for all of the employees. That bag has been much too tempting for me. There are three other girls who work in the store, one I haven't met yet, one is diabetic, and one is also trying to lose weight....but the candy disappears.

I'm trying to get my cholesterol and blood pressure down. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could replace the bag of chocolates with, that would be handy and convenient and that hopefully the other girls will like? I don't want everyone to hate me for changing the snack cupboard, but chocolate is my downfall.

ohwrite

Asked by ohwrite at 9:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2012 in Money & Work

• Just don't eat the chocolate. When it expires throw it out.

If you want to add another community snack- do something you like.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• dried fruit

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• sorry but you could put sugarless candy up, I can reassure you it will cure everyone of the habit
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Actually mto3821, that's a great idea. I may do that.

I still want to find something they will eat. I know that the one girl comes straight from a day job, doesn't have dinner and usually eats a Wetzel's Pretzel from the food court and the chocolate in the bag.

The only thing I can think of that's easy to keep and individually wrapped is granola bars, and if I get the healthy ones, well...

ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• dried fruit
    >>>
    Oh no, that is so wrong. Dried fruit for chocolate? No, no, no
    OP maybe you could replace it with something junky that you don't particularly like.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• popcorn bags, raisin boxes, trail mix, granola bars, sugarless gum, gummi bears, jelly beans, licorice/twizzlers
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2012

• whole grain pretzels or crackers, nuts
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2012

• Anything sugarless. I had a part time job and a full time job. I was like your employee that came from the day job to the evening job without being able to eat. I gained a ton of weight eating the candy the boss had sitting around thinking she was doing us a favor. We got fat as she stayed her skinny self. We often thought she planned that to make us look fat around her skinny self-disciplined body! You could always tell them your idea and ask what they'd prefer. They probably just eat it because it's there. They may appreciate your concern for their health and have great suggestions

Answer by admckenzie at 3:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• How about some nuts, or dried natural fruits?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Meooma- it's a small store inside of another store, so there's only one little place to keep food. And thank you for the congratulations, I start tomorrow, and I'm both nervous and excited.

I think I'm going to take granola bars, individual raisin boxes, and if I can find some individual packages of nuts...maybe at Costco or Sams, I'll keep those there for everyone.

Thank you all for the ideas!
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2012