what are some cheap fun things to do with the kids?

I need ideas, what do you guys do? thanks

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 4:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Entertainment

• We play board games, we got a whole bunch for Christmas: Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Yahtzee, Clue, Operation, Monopoly, Checkers. Card games, too, we have Uno and my kids love that game. We do movie night on Sunday nights, and either watch a kids movie that is on TV (Cartoon Network does Sunday Night Flicks and often have good ones. This week we watched Home Alone 3, a couple of weeks ago was Open Season, and we've seen all the Garfield movies on there), or one from their collection. We go outside and play with the dog and their swingset, during the summer we swim. Sometimes we do crafts, but they're boys and they don't always get into that. That's all I can think of right now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• weather is nice we go to the park.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Well if its cold and you are trying to beat the winter blues like the mama above said playing board games are really great. The cranium games for kids are great cuz most of them get the kids up and have to do something. Dance move or something. Turn on music and dance make up crazy moves. That is great exercise. I hope this helps.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 9:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I have a 5yr old, 2yr old, and 1yrold. thanks the board games and crafts would be great for my 5yr old boy, but my baby girls thats whats hard. thanks
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Make a big batch of homemade play dough.

Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 11:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If you have a kiddie pool thats in storage for the winter break it out and fill it with those plastic balls.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Hey, friend..I have another friend in Houston here on Cafemom (Angel5683) her two girls are older than your three...but probably knows several different things around Houston to do. The Park, the zoo, there has to be a park that has the water squirters too. The weather is getting nicer around here...Do you have something they all can fit into to let them ride while you walk outside? Plan a picnic..bubbles. A trip to the pet store. Becca always loved to go into the pet store at Willowbrook Mall.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 12, 2009