Really? I mean...really?! roflmmfao

President Mitt Romney 2012

A True Man Of The People

Today, Mitt Romney said, if elected President, he would likely accept the presidential salary of $400,000 annually, but donate the money.

While serving as Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney declined his $135,000 annual salary.

"I haven't really thought ahead that far," Romney said initially. "There are some questions I haven't forecasted, perhaps because that would seem presumptuous of me."

Then, he added: "I presume I would take the salary and then I would donate at least that amount -- or more -- to charity."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/2007-05-29-426197623_x.htm

NotUrKidsBestie

Asked by NotUrKidsBestie at 10:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Is there a problem with that? I'm not getting the outrage.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I'm not a Romney fan but, I see nothing wrong with this.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I just think its funny. I mean if you found 1 million on the side of the road are you telling me you'd turn it in? im not outraged at all i think its a riot. it is slightly insulting to the human population because there arent that many out there who are going to turn around and give their "400,000" salary away to charity. I love mitt...however i dont like liars. Frankly i think this is a little over the top. Just found it overly amusing
    NotUrKidsBestie

Comment by NotUrKidsBestie (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I didn't vote for Romney but I'm not seeing anything wrong either.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I am not getting the irony or the humor.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I'm not seeing it either....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• Considering his wealth and history what's the problem?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• By the way, your link is from May 2007.  Is that the only source that you have for this, or is there something more current that you are outraged over?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• He's free to do whatever he wants with his money,
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• He doesn't need the money, OP. He makes more than that on interest. Many conservatives (and probably a lot of liberals as well) feel that private donations have a bigger impact on the community they are given to, since they don't pass through government's hands first.  I wish all of the millionaires serving in elected positions would say and hopefully do the same thing. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2012