14 WEEKS.....

I AM 14 WEEKS PREGNANT AND I AM STARTING TO GET THINGS TOGETHER FOR THE NURSERY AND BUYING LITTLE THINGS HERE AND THERE. AM I STARTING TO EARLY??? MY SO THINKS I AM CRAZY AND KEEPS MAKING UGLY COMMENTS TO ME ABOUT IT. I THINK IT IS BETTER TO BE PREPARED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would had done it if i could had lol ... nothing wrong with getting an early start
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i dont think so. i already started looking at stuff to buy, and if i had the money right now i would have already got everything! i think your excited :] just like me, and im 14 too :D
    Naivenewcomer

Answer by Naivenewcomer at 4:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i think it is kind of early, but get what you can right now. but its kind of hard when u dont know if its a boy or girl...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It may be a little early but baby stuff can get exspensive so if you see a special or sale I say why not? lol I loved going shopping when I was pregnant with both my boys. Im having a girl im 5 months and dont have alot of money at the moment so its a bit hard. Christmas just gone bills have come in so i get what i can when I can so I honeslty think go for it girl. good luck!!
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 5:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Its harder for men, the baby isn't "real" to them usually until he/she is born. For some guys, its a little eye opening when they can hear a heart beat at the doc's office or feel a kick, but it still is a far off thing for them. You, on the other hand are completely aware of the life growing inside of you and want to express it by having a nursury ready and anything else you can do. And his mean remakrs are probably his own insecurities about being a father. Yes, you know he can do it, you wouldn't be having this baby with him otherwise, but he's still going to be nervous. And he is probably worried about taking care of the baby financially and sees you buying stuff and is just panicking. I would continue to buy stuff, but put it away, in a closet or soemthing. Get pictures and ideas for the nursery and maybe put them in a binder or notebook. Then a little further down the road, (continued below)
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• When he's ready to discuss the nursery, he will be pleasantly surprised at the stuff you have and the things you have planned. He will probably also be relieved at not having to go out and spend all the money at once. It will all work out, just try not to overwhelm him and he will adjust! Good luck and congrats!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ITS NORMAL DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT ANYBODY SAYS YOUR THE MOM YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT. IS YOU WANT TO START GETING THINGS NOW THATS YOUR CHOICE NOT ANYBODYS ELSE DO WHAT YOU WANT AND LISTEN TO YOU HEART.
    tracy210

Answer by tracy210 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009