Should I go to the ER or wait it out?

ok so my hospital is being difficult, i tried to call them to ask whether or not i should go to the ER or just chill at home but they wont asnwer my questions saying they dont give medical advice over the phone. im just about 14 weeks preg and today i started throwing up blood. not like gushing blood, but enough to scare me a little. ive never thrown up blood in my life. now is this something i need to worry about and go to the ER or am i just over reacting. i didnt eat anything funny, i made some fried zuccini and puked it right after i ate it, litereally like 20 mins after, there was a little blood in it, then i just puked again like 10 mins ago, just like stomach acid and blood. i need advice, i dont know what to do... :[

Naivenewcomer

Asked by Naivenewcomer at 4:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• id go honey that is never a good sign to throw up blood weither your pregnant or not .. and ya they dont all they can do is say if you want to come in they will check you ... its so they dont get in trouble but yes i would go
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had the same problem last month, and I was told it was the stomache acid tearing up my throat . I would atleast call the doctor.
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 5:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I got to the hospital Mrs.Owen86 is right. And its important to know the baby is ok and yourself. The longer you leave it the worse it could get. It could be fine though it could just be what TashaMarie349 said also but better be safe then sorry. Goodluck hope everything is fine. Let me know how it goes if thats ok. :-)
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 5:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• well i cant get ahold of any doctors so im gonna wait until morning then i'll call my doctor and see what he says. ugh most women described pregnancy as beautiful and a gift and whatever, but it just seems like a curse right now. im tired of being sick. when is the sick preg part gonna be over and the fun preg part gonna start?
    Naivenewcomer

Answer by Naivenewcomer at 5:31 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• btw thanks ladies <333
    Naivenewcomer

• Just make sure you see your doctor in the morning or at least talk to them... regardless of whether or not you are still throwing up blood.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different. But it should ease up for awhile soon. But it jsut depends some women suffer through the whole thing and others dont suffer at all. Hopefully by about 20 weeks it will be a bit easier to deal with. And your welcome
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 5:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I JUST WENT TO THE HOSPITAL LESS THEN 2 WEEKS AGO FOR THIS PROBLEM. WHAT IS MORE THEN LIKELY HAPPENING IS YOUR THROWING UP TO MUCH STOMACH ACID AND ITS BURNING YOUR ESPOGUS. THAT IS WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME. I WAS THROWING UP BLOOD AND IT WAS RIGHT AFTER MY HUSBAND AND I HAD FRIED CHICKEN. YOU NEED TO GO!!!!!!!!! AND DONT TAKE TUMS JUST GO TO THE DR
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I also have this stomach acid problem, although I am seen by my regular doctor for it and not in the ER. One time it was so bad that I could not even speak. I had no voice. I thought that I had strep throat, but I did not. The stomach acid had burned sores on my voice box and it took two weeks after restarting stomach medicine to get my voice back. You definitely need to see your doctor and explain what is going on.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 8:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I agree with proud798wife..

I think she should go to the ER. Not for nothing, but she didn't have to say stupid, but playing devil's advocate here, since she worked in the ER, it is probably extremely frustrating to her to see women who DO NOT seek medical attention until it's too late, when a not so serious thing could have been taken care of, instead of turning it into a Serious Medical Emergency.
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 9:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2009