What would you ladies do?

My dd9 has had a fever off and on since Monday she missed school Wednesday and I finally took her to the doctor he prescribed some antibiotics. She is in cheer leading and has been going to practice all week.
I text the coaches to let them know she has been feeling ill but no response (they don't like it when girls miss practice) and if they are sick they have to come anyway but they can sit it out (that sucks)
Well tomorrow we have a game and my dd9 says she doesn't feel like going (she has never missed a practice or game) Im seriously thinking of keeping her home. She might get points taking off or whatever it is that they do in their rules and regulations. The season is almost to the end anyway I'd hate for her to miss but if my baby is not feeling herself why make her go.

Your thoughts ladies!

My dh says the hell with them...but then again he don't give a crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• I feel your pain. My DD is in cheer too and I went through the same thing. I told the coach that my DD would not be sitting and watching practice because she was sick enough to miss school, so I sure as hell wasn't letting her sit in a gym that night! The coach went on to tell me she needs to support the group blab blab blab...I told her that it was our family policy and that was that. Cheer is ridiculous!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• My children come before the school and their rules. If she's sick and doesn't want to go, keep her home.

I'm with your husband on this one.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I agree with your husband.

She shouldn't have to leave the house if she's sick.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• How dumb. Keep your sick kid home. I agree with you DH! To hell with them. There is no stupid cheer coach ever going to tell me what to do with my sick kid. Fuck that.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2012

• Why would they want you to bring her if she could potentially get the other kids sick? That seems silly. If she doesn't feel up to it, let her stay home. Her health is more important than a few points for cheer-leading.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• If shes not feeling well I would keep her home.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2012

• she would be staying home, who cares what the coach says!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2012

• Keep her home , number one for her health and number to for the health of the other cher members.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2012

• I am sorry but my husband would be saying the same thing and obviously he does care because he is thinking or yr kids welfare. LOOk did that coach pay for yr daughter to cheer? The big answer to that would be no its not about supporting the team it is about yr kids being sick, that coach is a dumb ass and I am sorry my daughter would not be cheering under this coach anymore. What moron would put a sick child and other children at risk. A similar thing happened on my sons football team. A parent was letting their sick kid stay out of school put letting them come to practice sick with a fever of a 102. It made my son and four other kids sick so that by game day they couldnt play while that sick child was already well...I was so pissed. Lets just say that since then we have set a new rule that states if yr child missies school they are not aloud to come to practice!!
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Your daughter's health and wellbeing come before anything else.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2012