how do i know if i am being domestically abused, verbal, emotional that is, whats right and not acceptable

my guy seems to thrive when my mental insecurities are tested. i have emotional imbalances/adhd and depression hereditary and from domestic past. why would he purposely try to make me feel inadaquete and worthless just to make himself happy? i feel like a hopeless dependant nothing and that is not how i want to stay.

nikkio72

Asked by nikkio72 at 4:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• hes not a good guy for you. think about this... would you want to be treated like this long term or do you think you deserve better? there are lots of nice guys out there. if it were me, no i dont think i would stay with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I agree with anonymous. Your not happy, get away. I know it may be hard to right now, but when the time is right, leave. Think of kids.
    SamuelsMami

Answer by SamuelsMami at 5:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If this guy is making you feel bad about yourself then you need to get out. I was in a relationship like this and I almost died. At first it started with words then it became more physical. I know it will be hard, and scary, but you need to get out. I will pray for you to have courage and strength, and always remember they say sorry and it won't happen again, but it always does!
    Jeremom1101

Answer by Jeremom1101 at 5:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Hi nikko72 I f you feel that way you need to find a way to get out of this situation and find a safe haven for you and you kids this is not a good place for you to be.
    saferisbette781

Answer by saferisbette781 at 6:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think if you have to ask this question you are in an unhealthy relationship. This obviously isn't working for you, so you need to try to find the strength to change your situation. If it requires you leaving then that is what you need to do! Good Luck!
    hilary1122

Answer by hilary1122 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• What your husband is doing is a form of control and yes it's abuse. You need to get away from him.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think if you are wondering if you are being abused, chances are you are being abused. Someone who truly loves you would do everything they could to NOT make you feel bad about yourself. Not go out of their way to verbally beat you down. Good luck and I hope you find some happiness. =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• look you do not need to be treated like that. get out now well you can before it gets worse and ends up turning in to violance. it happened to my friend. her man would put her down just buy useing words and she waited to long and it ended up turning into violance. do you want a man beting on you? do you want to lose your kids over a man? do you want to lose your friends over a man? do you want to lose your life over a man? YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR KIDS FIRST . DO YOU WANT THIS GUY TO GO FROM BETING ON YOU TO BETING ON YOUR KIDS? if not then i addvise you to get NOW well you still can.
    tracy210

Answer by tracy210 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009