Menstrual Cycle after Miscarriage

I had a miscarriage early Jan. Hubs and I had sex a few times and still no AF since my miscarriage over a month ago. How long does it usually take to get AF. Hubs is wanting me to test since my boobs are huge and I was pukey all night. When should I test?

prdmommyandwife

Asked by prdmommyandwife at 7:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a miscarriage when I was about 3 to 4 weeks pregnant back in '99 and it took 8 weeks to get my period back. Every woman is different. Didn't conceive my second child till over a year later.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 8:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If I were you, I would test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Your cycle can be messed up after a miscarriage, but you could be pregnant, so you should test.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Forgot to add that I had a chemical pregnancy
    prdmommyandwife

Answer by prdmommyandwife at 11:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You can totally get pregnant before you ever get a period after having a miscarriage. You ovulate first and then get your period, so if you have sex around ovulation, you could be pregnant. It took me 9 months after my first loss to have a period and it took 2 months after the second loss and about 5 weeks after my third loss. Everyone is different and it can take some people longer than others and every time is different. Take a test to make sure you are not pregnant and if you are not pregnant and don't have a period within 6 weeks then maybe go talk to your doctor.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2009