imy daughter in law went to the dr. thursday going by her lmp she should be around 12weeks but her sac measured at ten weeks they saw no baby no yoke sac , she has had no bleeding no cramps , her belly is still growing and she's starting to show over the last two weeks , we are very confused and one may have some answers for us. her hcg levels r still going up ,so she goes back for a nother u/s in five days .I read that a lady went threw this back in 2010 does anyone know what happend ?

motherinlaw52

Asked by motherinlaw52 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2012 in Pregnancy

• What does the doctor say.... that's who she needs to talk to
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• The Dr. Said for her to do another u/s in five days , and that her pregnancy might not be going well and then let the room . Not giving us time to ask questions
    motherinlaw52

Comment by motherinlaw52 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• I agree, get a 2nd opinion
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• Ugh. Sorry she is going through that. Maybe a dr. change is in order. There are docs that are helpful and will treat her more thoughtfully.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• Similar yes. Went for an ultrasound and it said I was around 4-5 weeks, I should have been 8-9 weeks. They saw no baby, just an empty sac. It was still the same at the 2nd ultrasound a week later and still the same at the 3rd ultrasound 2 weeks after the 2nd one. I had no bleeding, no cramps and my hcg levels were still rising. They didnt start dropping until about 2 months later and I didnt miscarry for another 2 months after that. I would suggest a second opinion like some of the other ladies said. She needs a doctor that will take care of her, answer her questions and explain to her what is going on. This is a hard thing to go through and the last thing she needs is a doctor who is in a hurry to get rid of her. I wish her the best of luck and hope that it all works out.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• You def need a second opinion! A really close friend of mine had the same thing happen to her twice and she had an eptopic (spell?) pregnancy the first time and miscarried the second.
    cmtj2011

Answer by cmtj2011 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2012