man I did not know what to do

U know when you go to the doc and they always want to hear the baby heartbeat?

Will I'm 4 months and everytime I go to the doc he can not find the heartbeat and always have to do a sono. Should I find out what is going on (go to another doc 2 see wuz sup?) He always tell me the baby is find.

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 8:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OK, calm down, don't get alarmed.. It sometimes happens... Doctors not being able to find the heartbeat! I agree with the person that mentioned that the baby's position sometimes makes it heard. But it's OK, when you get to see your little sunshine on the sono screen, doesn't that make you feel better to see her little heart pumping... It's OK, but if it sets your mind at ease then change doctors if you can, the baby is fine!!! That's all that matters babygirl.....
    jayesmom1

Answer by jayesmom1 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• the heartbeat at times is hard to find but if it is everytime you go i would go to another doc. alls you are doing is getting stressed when they cant find it thinking something is wrong and you dont need that.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Im 4 months and last time it took him forever to find it. I was scared and then we finally heard it.. I hate that..... I would go to another DR and see what they have to say...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• find another OB/GYN! especially if doc can't find baby's heartbeat everytime you go. Sometiems the heartbeat can't be found due to the baby's position, but it should not be that hard everytime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• OK I am not trying to be rude when I ask this question but How much do you weigh? Most of the time on a heavier set woman it is harder to hear the heatbeat everytime til after 6 months when the baby is bigger. My sister had to go through the same thing. it freaked her out everytime but now she has a 6 month old healthy baby boy. I was on the heavier side to when I was pregnant and this first couple times it was hard to get a heartbeat.
    if it is not because of the weight I would see another OBGYN
    MeNMy2Kids

Answer by MeNMy2Kids at 9:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• will I'm just 145lb
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 1:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009