Bible question Cain & Abel

I was reading Genesis 5: 1-32. I noticed Cain &Abel was not listed as descendants of Adam. Anyone know why?

RidingPink

Asked by RidingPink at 8:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmm...thats interesting. Their other sons name was Seth and it looks like they started the lineage with him. It could have been because they didn't have as many descendants? I really don't know and its probably one of those things that could be left up to interpretation. Who knows what Cain did with his life after he killed his brother. Very interesting.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• This came to my attention while having a conversation with a friend about Adam & Eve and the serpent and the fruit. Genesis: 3: 1-24. My friend asked me did I know Cain & Abel were twins? Also did I know who was the father of Cain & Abel? Did I know Cain & Abel was not listed as Adams descendats? She explained what the fruit was. I wasn't shocked, just never thought of it that way. I have read the story so many times, but I could never put eating a fruit to being naked together. I know God's word is true, but if anyone knows where I am going with this help me out.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My thoughts are.....it's about lineage. Abel was dead so he was no longer part of the lineage and Cain was basically disowned and banished from God's prescence after killing Abel. Cain's lineage is in Gen.4:17.
    I never thought of Cain and Abel as being twins...but I can see why it could be seen that way.
    Adam was their father.(Gen 4:1)
    Not sure what you mean with the fruit.....
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Thanks deedee I am clear on Abel. I''ll read Gen 4:1-17 about Cain . I'll get back to you about the fruit. Thanks for your replies
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Cain was the firstborn. Abel was second - at different times.

Cain was banished and I don't think Abel had any children.

The lineage begins with Seth because it was through this bloodline that Yeshua (Jesus) would enter this world and be raised in Joseph's family who had direct ties back to King David, whose bloodline was traceable back to Seth.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• She explained what the fruit was.

The meaning has never been made clear, however I do not think sex applies. MPO

The Scriptures say they had {knowledge}, which means they lost their innocence and began to have doubts. Thoughts aren't wrong, but when they lead away from God, they are wrong ... Lucifer and his horde of fallen angels are case and point.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• because Jesus came from the lineage of Seth not Cain and Abel was murdered. I am not sure he had kids yet .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Cain and Abel were not twins. If you read it correctly you will see that Cain was born first then she had Abel later. Cain and Abel's father was Adam . Its there in the bible . They were banish from the garden for eating the fruit. They did not have sexual relations until after that.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I always thought the fruit was something Eve ate then she gave Adam a bite, there eyes were open - God was angry cursed all 3 and put them out of the Garden. Before I go into detail. Read Genesis Chapter 3 and let me know if you think Eve and the serpent had sex. When Eve known it was good came to Adam. God was walking in garden calling Adam & Eve and they were hiding because they were naked. God asked them who told you were naked. That's why I asked earlier was Adam the father of Cain and Abel. If my grandmama read this she would be speechless (lol)
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 7:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Shaneagle, my translation Genesis4:2 reads "and again she gave birth to his brother Abel." Does your word say later?
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 8:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009