Did you know there is no stimulus check and the stimulus bill has nothing to do with checks?

I was thinking, after it came up 2 more times yesterday. Maybe the problem is people keep seeing these questions asking about when the check is coming and instead of reading the answer, they just assume that means there is one. So did you know? Do you have any good links to place that explain exactly what the stimulus bill is about and why there are no checks for people in it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:34 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally I think it is funny people keep asking "Are we getting a check" or "When are we getting the check" My sister already spent like she was getting one and is now having a rude awakening! there is not check people!! Remember too the Government can't give away anything it hasn't taken from somebody else first!

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• What do you mean there is no check? Explain this to me! J/K

I guess there are some who were misinformed or just did not realize.
    Ladies this stimulus is supossed to stimulate the economy.I say it's a bunch of crap but that's my opinion.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think we all need to say thank you to our children today~ *they* will be the ones paying for our so called "stimulus package". It just sounds like there is a LOT of "pork" in this bill... Scrap it~ Let's start over!
    Leeshamak

Answer by Leeshamak at 8:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think no matter how many times people are told that there are NO CHECKS, that they will still assume because this is the world we live in. Gimme more...gimme more....spread the wealth Mr. Obama.....give me more money......where's my check?!?!?!?

Maybe CafeMom should put out a Public Service Announcement on every mom's homepage saying that there are NO CHECKS so please stop asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Leeshamak; I think we all need to say thank you to our children today

EXACTLY.. Why don't people get that the money has to come from somewhere??? And the tax credit you will be getting adds up to about $10./week per tax paying adult. I tell you. From Dave Ramsey I learned to save a hell of a lot more than $1.42/day. I think Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman should be in charge of the Treasury.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• 3 Republicans help Senate clear Test Vote

There's a good general description in layman's terms of what's in it and what still has to happen for it to pass.

The Stimulus Check Scam

Article explaining the current internet scam attempting to bilk people out of money by making them think they can get an "Obama Stimulus Check" when there is no such thing.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• LMAO!

This is just as funny when a lot of women were calling the stimulus checks we did receive "free money". I'm still LMAO at that one!
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 9:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I already apologized to my kids.

Answer by gemgem at 9:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Thank you,NotPanicking, for the info. I knew there was no stimulus check-LOL-but I do agree that there has to be a stimukus program,effort,whatever to fix the mess the economy is in . It took about 4 or 5 years for everything to tank so I suppose it will take that long to fix it. It would be great if people realized there is "no free lunch" and that we are responsible for our own financial sucess or failure. Be wise and don't expect people to bail you out when you don't use your head. Know what I mean?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• People can ask questions . When you don't like the question don't read. There are new mothers joining cafemom every day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2009