Does amniotic fluid have a smell? adult content

I'm kind of slowly leaking fluid from my vagina today. Not much just enough to make things a little damp from my underwear to about half way down the thigh of my pants but with no smell,no color,no big gush. I have had this before kind of but when I went in the test came back no so I wasn't thinking that's it's a huge rush to the hospital moment.

What's it like if you have a slow amniotic fluid leak? Does the baby get less active because she kind of has been today? Does it have a smell or something to identify it?

Asked by lizziebreath at 9:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Supposedly it smells sweet, but honestly I don't remember smelling anything. Try laying down for 20-30 minutes then getting back up, if it stops it isn't amniotic fluid. My son did stop moving when my water broke.

Answer by AF4life at 9:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• Smell your underwear- do they smell like urine?
    Call the doc.

Answer by feralxat at 9:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• It's sort of "earthy" smelling to me.

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• Yes, it can be straw scented and straw colored. I leaked a ton everyday, what a mess! lol So I can describe mine--
    Some women say it has a cleanser smell like "Comet cleanser" (I wonder if folks get cleaning products confused though because I see some ask about bleach smell~~).

Is it still leaking? Do you fill a maxi pad?

Answer by doulala at 12:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Not much today and no I haven't filled a pad. I have an NST early Monday morning so i'll find out if my fluid levels dropped at all and i'm on fever watch at home.

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2012