I ruined our oven, help!!!!!!!

So I thought our oven was looking a little crusty and got the bright idea to spray it down with oven cleaner. I told my SO about my project and he points out that it is in fact a self cleaning oven, after I sprayed down! He hands me the manual and explains how it works. Well right under the directions, in bold print it says DO NOT USE OVEN CLEANERS INSIDE THIS OVEN!! Ooopps!! Now I cant get the spray off, I have rinsed with hot water, scrubbed with dawn, turned on the self clean cycle, and the residue of the spray is still there, it wont come off, I now have a smeary ashy film covering my once shiny oven, HELP!!!!!!!!

MsMESSx2

Asked by MsMESSx2 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try calling the oven maker. I am sure someone before you has done it as well.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Oh dear. I hope the manufacturer can help. Or maybe even the store where you bought it. I am also curious about what they say if you'd post an update. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• From what I could google, it appears that spraying the self-cleaning oven with oven cleaner will destroy the self-cleaning feature- I'm not sure what that means, although it doesn't sound good. A couple places mentioned a commericial spray that can be used especially for self-cleaning ovens.

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2009