Pinworms???

Last night we discovered that the reason my 11month old DS has been waking up at night is because he has little worms on his butt that itch. Using google we found they are pinworms. The site said if one person has them most likely everyone has them so we checked ourselves and my hubby has them as well, but I did not find any. Everything I read though said to treat them you take medicine but it is not safe for someone under 2. So does anyone know what they will do for my son? Also do you know how doctors check for them? We got some and put them between 2 pieces of tape to bring and show them, but I am not sure if that is all they would want. I have to say I had never heard of worms in someones butt it is pretty gross! Apparently it is super common in school kids though so I guess this is something our family will probably see for years to come. EWW!! lol Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• Yeah welcome to the mommy world, I don't like it when my kids say "Mommy my butt itches"

So I just put a dab of anti-itch cream or I just wipe their butt real good with a wipe, it helps somewhat. but yeah those white thread looking things do come and go becareful on the girls those things can cause their vagina to itch too.

So make sure they are cleansed well and wash all where everyone sleeps it well help to get rid of them for awhile. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Talk with the baby's doctor. There may well be something that he can take. You should all be treated- an oral medicine. Wash hands well. From what I understand the eggs get on the hands and when the hands go to the mouth the eggs are swallowed.

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Take a poop sample to the doctor.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2009