ARE YOU A MEMBER OF DRIH? (DISCUSS RACIAL ISSUES HERE)

IF SO HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT GROUP? DO THE WOMEN SEEM SNEAKY OR CATTY TO YOU? DO YOU OR HAVE YOU LEARN ANYTHING FROM IT? I HAVE HEARD A LOT ABOUT THAT GROUP,I'M THINKING ABOUT JOINING SOON,THE THINGS SOME OF MY FRIENDS SAID ABOUT THE GROUP ARE NOT SO GOOD,I WANT TO DISCUSS THESE ISSUES,BUT WITH ADULT WOMEN WHO CAN HANDLE IT..TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No I was turned down for the group...are there white members of the group?
    Anonymous

• I'm white and I'm a member of the group. I have found that if a white woman asks a question about a non-white woman, she is torn to shreds; however the same is not true for questions from non-white women. Just my opinion.
    Quoiky

Answer by Quoiky at 7:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I love the group. It is very informative, and I personally have not seen anybody "torn to shreds" If your looking to learn and have adult discussions join the group
    jaidens_mom

Answer by jaidens_mom at 11:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I love DRIH! It's really nice to have a group where BW are able to openly bash the hell out of WW for being white and nothing more! It's great!

Anonymous

• I used to be in it it but left about 3-4 months ago because I do feel that the BW in that group are very unfair and if you don't agree with them or their race, then they get catty. All I have to say to that is get over it!!! But if I were you, I would join and find out for yourself if it's right for you or not.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I was a member. I think a lot of the cattiness is because of the election. I may try and rejoin after all of the Obama/McCain madness ends, don't know yet.

momof3_dca

Answer by momof3_dca at 12:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• thanks ladies! I have join the group,i have not spend much time their yet.
    Anonymous

• It's an awesome group but you really need to be open to the ideas, opinions, and feelings of others to join. There are lots of black, white, native, asian, latina, and moms of other nationalities. It's the first group I joined when I joined CM and is one of the best.

Warning: It can get a little heated at times.

However, it is the only group that really challenged my perceptions and line of thinking and I mean that in a good way. If you join, join for the right reasons: to honestly gain further insight and understanding. Can't wait to see you there!
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yep I'm a memember. And I don't always agree with the women there, But I still like them even if they don't care for me or my thoughts. I think it's more important to keep standing up for what you believe in so that people can see that they're not alone in their thinking. I may be in the minority there, but in real life I know there are a lot of people like me. I always keep that in mind. I do not go there to make someone believe I'm right or my way is the best way. But I do expect people to hear (read me out) And it stay civil. Sometimes it doesn't and that goes for many othere groups. I can't expect every group to have people in it who are just like me all the time.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009