TTC with a low sex drive TMI

My husband and I have been ttc for about 6 months now (a full year without birth control). I have a 6 year old from a previous marriage. My husband and his ex-wife went for a year with no birth control in order to ttc but nothing ever came of it (they didn't actively try, just didn't use BC). So, of course I'm worried that he can't have kids! He also has a low sex drive. Not ridiculously low, he wants sex about once a week, but it's been that way since after the first 6 months of being together. Is low sex drive a sign of infertility in men? When I ovulate we have sex 2 -3 times in that week (so far that's the most I've been able to get out of him lol). We have two more months of trying before we go get tested. Do you have any advice to get him to have more sex? (No, jumping him in the middle of the night doesn't work lol) Any help is appreciated!

kameka

Asked by kameka at 9:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I know exactly what you mean, mine is hardly ever in the mood and I'm talking once a month is good for us. I just try to make that ONCE around O if I'm lucky.

He has a 14 year old daughter. However, over the years and with daibetes his morphology has suffered (meaning count of sperm is good but shape is odd) so only a certain percentage of the guys are viable.

You could have your guy tested, sometimes if it's just a slightly low cound a simple iui could do the trick
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 12:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would just tell him that when I am ovulating we are going to have sex every day. Weather you like it or not.. Just tell him he does not have to help,, just lay their and be hard.LOL

Answer by louise2 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• to: louise2

I've tried to tell him that and it's a no go lol. And no, there's nothing I can do to get him in the mood; he's either in the mood or not. It's so frustrating! Most guys you just bend over to pick something up and they're ready (and yeah, that can be rather annoying) but not him! There has to be a perfect set of circumstances (none of which he know enough about to tell me!) to get him in the mood.
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 10:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If it was me and we had sex only when he was in the mood. I would tell him. " I am not in the mood tell I am ovulating" and would not have sex with him tell then. If he can play the 'I am not in the mood". I can to. Women do it(have sex) and don't want to all the time. He can step up.

Answer by louise2 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• To: louis2

Well, it's not a game he's playing, he's not doing it to be spiteful, he's just really not in the mood. With my ex-husband I had sex while not in the mood all the time and I started feeling really used, I would never want my husband to feel like that and he would never want me to feel like that, which is why I never have sex with him when I'm not in the mood. While I appreciate you're help, I'm more looking for how to get him in the mood, not how just to get him to have sex :)
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 1:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Well sense I haven't helped you. And you said you have tried everything to get a stir out of him. You will just have to deal with his low sex drive. You could always do the intravenous fertilization thing. Good luck.

Answer by louise2 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009