Last night I had a scary nightmare about tornadoes. Decipher?

I've had nightmares last night and the night before. Last night, I was in my car with a tornado chasing me. Then suddenly I was at home (how?), and there were many tornadoes just beyond my back yard. Very scary dreams. Would my nightmares mean anything?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 9:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• They mean that you are feeling threatened. There is something in the news or in your life that is disturbing you and that you feel looming over you. A health problem? The economy? Bills?
    I believe that talking about a bad dream lessens its impact. Now that you have talked about it, maybe it won't be as strong. On the other hand, since you have had the dream several times, it may be habitual, so you may need to steer the dream away into something not as frightening. Just before you go to sleep, tell yourself,and mean it, that if you start dreaming about tornadoes that you'l... look over and see a fan and realize that there aren't tornadoes, just the fan, or some other way of dismissing the tornados- perhaps when the tornado appears you puff out a breath and the tornado vanishes. Guide your dreams. If may take more than one time before you figure out how to do it. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• That is so strange...I have had multiple dreams about tornados before too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I have them almost on a weekly basis.

I don't believe that mine mean anything more than a huge fear of tornadoes. I grew up in a trailer and lived there for 15 years of my life. We had no basement and had tornado warnings every summer. I was scared to death we would be swept away by one.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• To see several tornadoes in your dream, represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship.
    To dream that you are driving a car, denotes your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another. Consider how smooth or rough the car ride is. If you are driving the car, the you are taking an active role in the way your life is going. However, if you are the passenger, then you are taking a passive role. If you are in the backseat of the car, then it indicates that you are putting yourself down and are allowing others to take over. This may be a result of low self-esteem or low self-confidence. Overall, this dream symbol is an indication of your dependence and degree of control you have on your life. cont.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• To see your home in your dream, signifies security, basic needs, and values. You may be feeling at home at your new job or you finally feel settled and comfortable in a new environment. Alternative, the dream represents your basic needs and priorities.

hope this helps. These are the basics of what your dream represents. You will have to go through it and see how it applies to your own life to find a greater meaning... if you want more help you can pm me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• This is strange but I dream about tornadoes at least every other night.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009