Does it seem like your child eats cereal for breakfast every morning?

What do you give your child to start their day? (or for school)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Where we live the school (right now, with budget cuts, may not next yr) provides free breakfast for all the kids. So my kids have the choice of eating at school or at home. If they eat at school, they have a lot of different things, pancakes, waffles, cinnamon buns, toast, oatmeal, cereal. At home, they have cereal, toast, if I'm feeling really energetic, maybe some bacon and eggs. I bake a lot too, and if we have some zucchini bread or carrot cake, sometimes they will have that for breakfast. A lot of the time, they do have cereal, though. It's just the quickest, easiest thing and they don't have a lot of time since they don't want to get up. On the weekends, though, I often make a good breakfast, bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, gravy and biscuits, something like that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• There are many things they eat. I think we have every type of cereal.
    Pancakes.
    Toast
    Weetabix
    Sometimes some bacon, sausages etc.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Eggs my girls would have it all the time if I let them
    Pancakes, French Toast, Oatmeal, Waffels, on weekends the bacon by the hardly eat that
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My son wants the same thing for breakfast every single morning. Peanut butter on a waffle and a banana. He folds the waffle in half and eats it like a sandwich. I've tried many times to switch things up but this is what he likes. I figure it would get old after a while but he's happy. I'm just glad he's stuck on something healthy.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• We have super breakfasts on the weekends but not really time for it on weekdays when we are all trying to get out of the house. We usually have options of eggs and toast, cereal, frozen pancakes, bagels, that kind of stuff that only takes a couple minutes to get ready. When I do make pancakes on the weekend I make extra and freeze them for weekdays.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• No, he gets cereal or a cereal bar or a breakfast cookie or bagel, and always fruit, juice, maybe some yogurt or something else filling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Pretty much that's all my kids eat for breakfast but I don't have a problem with it. It's easy for them to get so I don't have to cook. It's crazy enough just getting 3 kids up and ready for school plus the 2yo is in the way. They are also allowed to make toast/English muffins (if we have them) which they slather with peanut butter and jelly. Or they eat leftover pizza if we have it. In the winter, if I'm up to it, I make them oatmeal once in awhile.
    On the weekends I sometimes make a big breakfast (pancakes/waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, etc) but it's rare. More often we have it for a special dinner.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, cup o noodles, peanut butter sandwiches, hot dogs. Just depends on the day. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• our school has a breakfast program-most days are cereal or poptarts and once a week is something hot like mini pancakes, cinnamon toast (homemade) or a pancake-sausage on a stick. most days i find it easier for her to eat at home instead of leaving early for her to get a poptart at school. she has cereal a lot or sometimes i get hot things that are quick like french toaster sticks-looks like a piece of toast but breaks into sticks!!
    KarenLynny

Answer by KarenLynny at 11:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• We do cereal a lot. We also do toast and fruit, pancakes, waffles (toaster), OJ...this morning he had spagettios.
    Lizzysapisces

Answer by Lizzysapisces at 11:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2009