Fleas..HELP

We have a 2 year old female dog, and she just recently had puppies.(PLEASE, no bashing on the whole puppy situation. We realize it was completely irresponsible not getting her fixed, and will be doing so ASAP so this never happens again.) Anyways, she had 8 puppies, and they ALL have fleas. I've washed my dog and have only seen very few on her, but her puppies are infested. They are only 4 weeks old. How do I get the fleas OFF them? Btw, I have an appointment scheduled with my vet. I'm planning on getting my dog Frontline.

Also, my house has begun to become infested with fleas. HOW on earth can I get rid of them? I've tried the bombs and they have not helped. I'm going crazy here! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2012 in Pets

• Idk, but I'll give you a bump.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Since the pups are so young, it's a good thing you have that appt. w/ the vet since IDK what's gentle enough to be used on them. As for the house, check w/ your local pet supplies store to see what items they have to help you. For carpeting, they make a spray on that you vacuum up later. GL

OH- what kind of puppies are they? Got homes lined up yet? :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Ask the vet before treating the pups, it could be very dangerous to use powders, etc on dogs that young. once Mama is treated and pups are treated you can bomb the house. It can be done you just have to cover food in the cupboards, etc. Ask the vet about this.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Dollar Store $3.00 a can flea spray for couch and carpet. Frontline and also orange peel oils to rub on dog repells fleas.
    Remove dogs til spray dries. Read Directions on can, very toxic.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Look up diatomaceous earth. That will help, and I believe it should be safe for the pups as well.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Although it look like a bad situation you shouldn't feel like a bad pet owner. I feel that you deeply care about your pets. But to answer your question the vet should be able to help you to deflee your pets. While you're at the vet you should ask the vetenarian what he think you should use. Good luck and congrats.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• In the detergent section of most store you can find a product called - BORAX and you just sprinkle that throughout your home and it works wonders at getting rid of fleas.... they eat it up and it expands and they die off rather quickly, Just vacuum after leaving it down for a day and that should really help to get rid of fleas around the home for good!
    For the pet - I only recommend using "Frontline Plus" - it works the best!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2012