Car question

Any moms know about cars? My car won't start and now I cant get it into nuetral to push it to where it could be jumped. Any ideas on why I cant shift gears with the key turned to the "on" position?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Do you have a battery charger? And can you get the other car over to it close enough to jump it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My hubby says to push the brake peddle IN. He asks what kind of car do you have??
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• the car is a 2000 Chevy Prism - it's in the garage and we can't get a car close enough to jump it and now we cant push it either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had that problem a few months ago with my Mustang. Hold the brake peddle in as far as it will go - you might have to use both your feet. Once you feel the brake give try putting the car in gear. You'll have to take the car into the shop. it sounds like the cable has come loose between the transmission and shifter. My guy repaired mine for $75 but he's a personal friend.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2009