If I end up locked up or in a straight jacket, it's my son's fault!

My 21 y/o son is having relationship issues. I drove over 2 hrs ea. way to go get all his stuff & bring it back home. My husb & I worked to get the room situated & cleaned, after unloading my van of his stuff. I am supposed to go back up next Sat. to get him & the rest of his stuff. Now he's having 2nd thoughts. I am only willing to make 1 more trip & that's to get him. Not to take his stuff back to him. This is ridiculous. This girl is stringing him along. First she says she's gay. Then she said, she's just bored & still loves him. I know I can't make up his mind for him, but I'm not about to be sucked into this stupid mess & waste my time, gas, etc. while he gets jerked around. AGHHH!! Sorry- vent- So what have your kids done lately to drive you nuts?! :p

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• I feel your pain! I have a 21 almost 22 year old son and if I had done what you did, his ass would have come with me on the first trip.
    He would have moved his stuff home, not me!
    Leave him there if he chooses to stay but refuse to take his belongings back to him.
    Tell him if he stays, come and get it..
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• AHH!

Hold tight- don't offer to bring the stuff back and tell him to take the bus to you when he's ready!

Sheesh,

Worst my kid did today was whine a little at the dollar store.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Sorry!

The worst I've dealt with lately from my LOs is sibling rivalry/fighting and my oldest being a pain in the butt about getting dressed for school.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Take his stuff back and then be done with it. Drama, I hate drama.
    I have a 25 year old son who is a heavy alcoholic, in and out of our lives as he gets in trouble or people have had enough of him. We love our kids, but we can't live their lives for them.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• OMG! I so know what your talking about!! I have a adult dd who is 30 and I swear she'll be the death of me yet! Just tell your son, you just can't know about all her personal issues in his relationship, if he wants you to come get him, he can call. IDK really I'm just trying to help, but I have no idea what to do with my own daughter! At least he doesn't have kids yet (does he?). My dd has 4!!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• im sorry.. have you tried talking to him about it?
    AnyahRaheel

Answer by AnyahRaheel at 6:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• I've dealt with pretty much the same, it get"s old real fast.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Tough love! He's 21!
    We all love our kids, but they have to learn some of life's lessons on their own -- especially about love.
    Be there for him if he wants to talk and get advice, otherwise, forget the lifesaving techniques.
    This is one of those character-building experiences -- for both of you!
    Hugs
    Oklaflowers

Answer by Oklaflowers at 3:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• ^^^Yeah, I already made it clear that I was only willing to make 1 more trip up there & it was to get him. The whole reason for the 2 trips was b/c of his trust issues w/ her & that he wanted to leave on good terms w/ his job & finish out his 2 wk notice. I just wanna shake some sense into this boy! If his dad was here, he'd tell him to start thinking w/ the right head & get his behind back home! lol :p I even played the dad card & told him to think about what advice his dad would be giving him right now.

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• ^^^Knock on wood, no kids. That is one bright side to all of this. And whatever he doesn't tell me, others tell me what they've both posted on fb. God how I hate fb for things like this, that should be private. It's given me a look at what should be so obvious. But it's not so obvious to a love-sick puppy like my son :/
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2012