Relocate to new state?

How much money did you have when you relocated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2012 in Home & Garden

• 2 dollars and a couple of apples. True story.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Really?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• I've done it a number of times. Once with about $20,000, once with about half that. Once with about $500
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Depends on how much you have available to you. Enough to get there and find a place to live. Also hopefully enough to feed yourselves until the next pay check comes.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 7:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• I don't need to know how much I need. I was just asking like a general question on other people.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• My ex was relocated 3 times. I have no idea what the total amounts were. His company paid for our move, gave him some money ( a few thousand) and we used a company credit card to pay for our meals & lodging until our stuff arrived.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• we've done it a few times-unfortunately, and had anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand and had the move paid for by the new company...just depends on which move
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Sorry, my cold meds put me to sleep, I'll explain the 2.00 and apples, lol

When I was 18, I sold my T.V. for 200.00. I was living in Ky. and married young. He started beating me up, so I took the money and bought a one way bus ticket to California.
    I bought the apples for nutrition plus they cleaned my teeth. 5 days on a greyhound bus and I saw how beautiful Oregon was and got off in Portland.
    That was 36 years ago ...Best move I could have ever made!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• when we moved from ohio to indy we had 200 and that went in the gas tank. we had family we stayed with for three months
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Move to BAMA, housing is cheap and BIG for the $$
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 1:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2012