Relocate to new state?

How much money did you have when you relocated?

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2012 in Home & Garden

• 2 dollars and a couple of apples. True story.

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Sorry, my cold meds put me to sleep, I'll explain the 2.00 and apples, lol

When I was 18, I sold my T.V. for 200.00. I was living in Ky. and married young. He started beating me up, so I took the money and bought a one way bus ticket to California.
    I bought the apples for nutrition plus they cleaned my teeth. 5 days on a greyhound bus and I saw how beautiful Oregon was and got off in Portland.
    That was 36 years ago ...Best move I could have ever made!

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Really?

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• I've done it a number of times. Once with about $20,000, once with about half that. Once with about $500

Answer by adnilm at 7:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Depends on how much you have available to you. Enough to get there and find a place to live. Also hopefully enough to feed yourselves until the next pay check comes.

Answer by robyann at 7:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• I don't need to know how much I need. I was just asking like a general question on other people.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• My ex was relocated 3 times. I have no idea what the total amounts were. His company paid for our move, gave him some money ( a few thousand) and we used a company credit card to pay for our meals & lodging until our stuff arrived.

Answer by 3libras at 8:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• we've done it a few times-unfortunately, and had anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand and had the move paid for by the new company...just depends on which move

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• when we moved from ohio to indy we had 200 and that went in the gas tank. we had family we stayed with for three months

Answer by noel1978 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Move to BAMA, housing is cheap and BIG for the $$

Answer by madmueller at 1:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2012