I am miscarrying. the baby measured at 6.5 weeks at the ultrasound when we found out he/she passed away. a few people have said i may not be able to distinguish the baby from the other tissue. when will i know its complete?

katibug

Asked by katibug at 10:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you've been bleeding for a few days, the embryo has probably already passed. You will continue to bleed for a while...sometimes weeks for some people. For me, I bled for about 2 weeks. I'm sorry. Hugs to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Check with your doctor. It is possible that you should be seen just to make sure all is well in your uterus.

Answer by Bmat at 10:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i bleed for 3 1/2 week after my last miscarage and i was 6 weeks pregnet i did not know the difference from the tissue and my baby when it cam out but it depends on the person i geuss
    Well sorry to hear about ur misscarage
    be carefull so u dont go in to a depresion like i did
    ~Heidi~
    heidicummins03

Answer by heidicummins03 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Don't try to distinguish the embryo from other tissue. I spent a week looking in the toilet after each time I "went', and wondered, "is that my precious baby?" Am I flushing my baby's body? It was horrible. Don't do that to yourself. Don't look. It did nothing to help my grieving, and sent me into a depression that was very hard to get out of. I am so sorry you are going through this. It's a horrible thing to go through, and I hope you'll be strong. I think I bled for about a week. I remember the cramping was severe. Use a heating pad if you cramp; it seemed to help a little.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 10:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• During all 3 of my miscarriages I passed a sac that was bigger than all of the other clots I passed. The baby is in that sac. I cramped hard and passed clots for about 3 hours. After the sac and tissue had passed I bled for 4-5 days like a light to medium period.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2009