Should i leave my husband?

my husband works all night.and sleeps all day. im a stay at home mom to.our two children.and he barely helps me out and says its because he works and i dont...two nights a week i have my best friends over and we hang out watch movies hav sum drinks whe kids are in bed. my husband is he complains that my.friends are over too much and " it must be nice to hang at my house all jight while im.working" he never seems interested in.spending time with.me when he is home and always says i dont love him i love my.friends. were always fighting and he always says its my fault. im.at my wits end i.dont know wat.to.do.its really taking a toll on me...help!

gtiger

Asked by gtiger at 9:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2012 in Relationships

• tell him to stay home with the kids and keep up with all the house work. But i do think twice a week is a little two much.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• It takes a huge toll on people who work nights as well, just something to think about.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• No you should not leave him. Appreciate him for what he does for you and your children.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• No, you should not leave your husband. He is working his butt off so you can stay home with your children. What you need to do is to start thanking him for that and letting him know how much you appreciate him rather than fussing at him all the time because he's not superman. And I completely understand his aggravation at your partying while he's at work. Just try to put yourself in his shoes and imagine what he is feeling. I understand very well that raising children is hard work, too, but that's your part if he is making a living for you to be able to pay the bills. Ingratitude will destroy your marriage. If you stop nagging him, he might decide to try to spend a little more time with you. Get yourself a copy of FOR BETTER OR FOR BEST by Dr. Gary Smalley. Read it this week after the kids are in bed instead of partying with your friends.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Well said, NannyB!!!!

NO, you should most definitely NOT leave your husband. My ex and I fought all the time, made me think that it was all my fault, never wanted to spend time with me and was emotionally and physically abusive to me. I worked full time outside of the house AND took care of our kids and the house. Of course it was never good enough for him. But you know what, I put up with it and I stayed because I took my vows seriously. He is the one that left me because he wasn't happy and he didn't want to be married anymore.

Another good book for you to read is "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• This is a personal decision. Only you can make this decision.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• He is working so that you have the ability to stay home with the kids. He works at night . It would seem to me that there should be some small block of time for you to be together. What exactly do you want him to help you with/ I have no clue since you don't indicate whether it is taking out the trash or or playing with the kids. Your friends come over 2 nights a weelk and spend the night. Yes that is excessive IMO. Friends come over and spend a few hours not that length of time twice a week. He hass a vallid complaint.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• It sounds like he wants you to either get a job and start helping out financially or to start complaining less. I don't think you should ask him to help you out when it sounds fair that he is the only one who works. Your job is to be a stay at home mom. His job is elsewhere. There are many people who would love to be a stay at home mom but can't because their husband's income is not enough. Be grateful that you are able to do that because of your husband. And 2 kids is not too much to handle so just let him do his job and you do yours.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• This post is also taking a troll on me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• its all about compromise in this situation, I have been a stay at home mom so I know how it can feel being with the kids all of the time and feeling like your not getting much time to yourself, but we always made sure we had time for eachother, the family and that I had time to myself away from our daughter, it was imperative for me to be a better Mother, you both have to compromise, 2 nights a week is alot to be hanging out with your friends, honestly I dont know many Mothers of young children that are able to have that kind of time to do that, most are lucky to do that once a month, that sounds like more of a single persons routine, maybe thats whats irriating your husband. You both have to try to put eachother first, both bend, and if this alone would make you leave your husband, what are you going to do if or when a major issue comes up
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2012