Is anyone having contractions that are so intense that they are now starting to wake you up in the middle of sleeping?

Could it be that these are in true labor? They have been happening since 5 am...anywhere between 15 and 30-45 minutes. But so intense. Has or is anyone also going through this at this time or went through it before? I know that I can call my doctor, but I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before I call. Thanks ladies. :-)

tarams98020

Asked by tarams98020 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that happen to me they started at 4 in the morning. I was only a 2 cm when I went into the hosp. but water didn't break till 1 pm and didn't have dd till 7:45 pm. just keep track of contrations wait till 5 min apart and then call your doc. good luck
    danielle1982

Answer by danielle1982 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My rule of thumb is to not even enter a hospital until the contrax are 4 min apart, 1 min long, for 1 hour. The earlier you arrive at the hospital, the more interventions, the increased risks.

I haven't experienced this but my friend was having intense contraction for a few days before she was in active labor. Good luck! Keep walking, and do try and sleep when you can. Take a bath before bed and get a heating pad if you need to, to help relax your muscles :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• See I am pregnant with twins. This is my second set. I am needing to have a csection and I dont want my contractions to get so intense and so close together that one or both of the babies be born vaginally. that is what is scaring me. My fiance works an hour away which is another thing. I just dont want to be alone or wait so long that they are born vaginally.
    tarams98020

Answer by tarams98020 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Then do what you feel is best. Twins by themselves isn't a reason to have a c/s though.. I am sure you have a medical reason for it. Call your fiance then, and go get checked.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009