Can a woman bleed regularly every month and not ovulate?

airbornewife04

Asked by airbornewife04 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think so. The bleeding is your body's way of flushing the egg out. That's what the doctor said anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yes, you absolutely can. I bled every month without ovulating for three years. There are medicines that can stimulate ovulation.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• How do you know that you are not ovulating if you have a regular period?
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 11:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You can have breakthrough bleeding if you are not ovulating. That is what a woman has when she is on birth control pills.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• How can you tell the difference? Sorry but this was a good question.. I would like to know too. I have been TTC for 6 months now with #3 and no luck.
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 11:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I temped and charted my cycles and I knew I was not ovulating. I would get about 2-3 days of spotting and knew that something was not right.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I have a regular period.. every 28-29 days. so is it still possible not to ovulate?
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 11:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i looked it up one day cuz my period have been acting really funny its called an anovulatory period
    some good info:
    http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/anovulation.html
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• im wondering because we had an ectopic pregnancy to rupture 10/26/2008. It was our 3rd baby/pregnancy. My periods are coming every 30 days since November. Just that the flow isnt like it was before pregnancy. I will be testing using those ovulation testers and if nothing good comes out going to doc. How can I be fertile before pregnancy and since the ectopic pregnancy im having to wonder if I will ever get pregnant.
    airbornewife04

Answer by airbornewife04 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I"ve been trying for 2 YEARS now & nothing. I am pretty sure I am not ovulating. I've had no trouble in the past getting pregnant sooo..that is my conclusion. I've about just given up. I cant afford to sock a bunch of money into a fertility dr.
    Anonymous