Is it normal to need a break from people?

I am finding myself getting annoyed with people (two people, specifically) lately over EVERYTHING. One I am very close to and I want to cry because for absolutely no reason, I just don't like her very much right now. Actually, no big reason....lots of little reasons. It's like everything she does is grating on my nerves and I have no idea why. I hate this, because I feel like I'm short with her and I don't want to be because I know it's not her fault I feel like this.

GoodMorningSir

Asked by GoodMorningSir at 10:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like you might be having some depression problems. That really isn't that normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ...Yea, I think I am. I didn't really think it was connected to this, or I didn't think of it. I've been in a really bad place lately. Thanks for your answer.
    GoodMorningSir

Answer by GoodMorningSir at 10:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Are you just changing / growing as a person and not able to relate to those you have been close to anymore? That can happen as well...especially if your one who is educating yourself and seeing life in a different way than what you are familiar with based on the environment you grew up in or around. This is an understanding I became aware of when I started taking control of my life and began building a career...those who I love and care about related to life differently than I did because new ideas and opportunities to life were opening up to me... my way of thinking changed and although my family and friends meant well... I could not relate to them on the same level anymore. Separating myself from them sometimes was necessary for me... a breather more or less to de-stress and rethink on how to handle our relationships in a more respectful, less irritating way...hope this helps!
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 11:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Naturescape makes a really good point. You could be experiencing some depression issues also. I deal with depression and OCD and I know what you are talking about....sometimes just to hear one noise from a certain person drives you nuts. I would take some time alone to think about the root of what you are going through then see what you need to do from there. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Take a little time for yourself away from this person and while away get her a present or even just a card to let her know you love her. But definitely, try to find some time away. That way you won't ruin the rel.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009