What really soothes a cough?

My 19 month old DS has a cough that won't let him sleep at all I've used Vicks vapor rub, tussin, head elevated. I need something that does work because its been 3 weeks of sleepless nights due to my husbands surgery, my oldest son getting Croupe, my DD getting bronchitis, My baby getting hives & now this cough he has.... I'm indesperate need of remedies & Sleep! I feel like I can't go one more day Like this

mommyj3559

Asked by mommyj3559 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is it just the cough or does he have anything else going on. if it is just the cough i would try a humidifier in his room. my dd coughs (mostly at night and in the early morning) because our heat makes out place really dry.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• sounds like you need to salt their rooms. we need to get a new humidifier so we can do that to us too. (i need one in each room, the kids and hubby have issues)
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Thanks ladies ill try it :)
    I've tooken him to the DR. 3 times & its just a cold.
    mommyj3559

Comment by mommyj3559 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I find that if I give my kids a tablespoon of honey right before bed they cough a lot less...if any. It's a natural solution. Humidifiers also help. If there is any congestion you can try saline drops in the nose to help break it up. I have also heard that pineapple juice helps break up phlegm.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 9:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2012