Does anyone ever feel like they need someone to lean on?

when burdens get heavy

*and imaginary magic being in the sky does not do it for me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2012 in Relationships

• LOL, OP

Yes, I feel the same way. I wish I had someone. I still don't feel well after taking the wrong meds/going without mine. I'm still exhausted and I have no help. I think I'll have to trick my youngest DD into taking another nap with me today.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Great. Now I have that song in my head.

Sometimes I feel like that.  I have DH, but I try to be strong for the rest of the family. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• We all need somebody to lean on...
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• yep i still do. it feels to me that when ever i really need it, no one is around
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I'm sorry meooma, I am reading a book on loneliness right now. I am sorry that you don't have anyone to share with. I have one very good friend that I can tell anything to. Oh, and my therapist
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Yes. If by imaginary magic in the sky you man God, I've never heard it put in those terms before!
    It always helps to have close family or friends to be there for you. Last year when I was battling severe depression I had many people to lean on and I couldn't have made it through without their support and help. I hope you can find that support in your circle of people like I did!
    alexteale

Answer by alexteale at 12:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• used to be my ex mil
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Yeah I feel like that sometimes, but when I need someone theres no one there for me, I usually vent on here and you guys give great advice.
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I like my burdens heavy and I like to take care of them. I get perspective from my friends but do it on my own.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• Anybody who truly believes she never needs someone to lean on is in severe denial.

I do believe in God, but that doesn't take the place of needed human support, either.

The one thing I would suggest is that the time to cultivate friendships for support isn't when you are particularly needing support. Go out and do what you enjoy. Meet people. Find friends you can laugh with, have things in common with. Those will be the people who are there for you when you need them. Many people who believe in some particular religion or other meet others of like mind where they worship, but that's not the only way, by any means. Join a painting class. Fly model airplanes. Go square dancing. Volunteer your time somewhere.

If you have family, it could be you haven't let those who care about you know you need them. Many people don't want to assume anything, especially if you try to be the strong one all the time. Reach out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2012