whos guilty?

So iam 29wks pregnant and i cant get through my morning with one cup of coffee. now thats all i have it just one cup i did cut back but i still need my coffee in the morning.
Anyone else guilty of drinking coffee while pregnant?
Also after you drink your coffee does your baby go crazy in your belly?
Its funny cause after iv had my coffee he must get a caffine high or something because he goes crazy in there for a hour or so just moving and kicking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeh i drink coffee in the morning... not every morning but i would say prob 4 days out of the week i drink coffee in the morning... my doc said i can have two small cups a day... i dont even drink that though... & yeh my baby girl goes nuts lol... she will be very active after i drink coffee... not so much anymore because there is no room in there but she tries lol....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Not coffee.. dr pepper. Seriously. I had such awful morning sickness and the thing that calmed my tummy was sipping dr. pepper in the am. It doesn't effect my baby like you say yours does, BUT if I have a bite of chocolate, that gets her going. Especially dark chocolate, hell even strawberries get her going!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I drank coffee all the time with both of mine, yes they was a little hyper in the tummy but, it did'nt hurt them any. They are now 28 and 33
    Melanie_Ann

Answer by Melanie_Ann at 11:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Oh, I'm guilty of a lot of "you shouldn't do this while pregnant" habits. On a really rough day I've been known to drink 2 or more sodas. I drank caffeine with both of my previous kids and they turned out just fine. I also eat seafood, steaks not completely well done and take hot baths and showers. I'm fine. My kids are fine and I get to avoid being the cranky pregnant woman by indulging on occasion.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had 3 different providers while I was pregnant and all of them said it was ok to drink a couple cups a day. Don't feel guilty about it. I did notice it woke the baby up every time.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I would have if juvenile diabetes didn't run in my hubby's family. Caffeine increases that risk. My dad is an ob gyn and he said it is fine in moderation. He also said having a glass of wine a week is ok. I had maybe a half a glass a couple of times in my 3rd trimester, but I trust he would not tell me anything that would hurt his grandson!
    hilary1122

Answer by hilary1122 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I have 2 or 3 pops a day. I can't go w/out it. I drank it w/ my son as well and he turned out fine. I think its ok. My baby has been very active from the time I could feel her move. So its hard to say if its the caffeine or not!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I drink coffee every day... It's OK to have a cup or two. I can't give it up. I'd rather cut off my right arm than go a morning without coffee LOL. Don't feel guilty.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 11:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I'm drinking my morning coffee right now :) I limit myself to just one (grande size from starbucks) but I have one everyday.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009