What can I bring for the boy allergic to nuts? (B-day cupcakes)

Today is my sons birthday and I am taking cupcakes to the class. He has a boy with a severe peanut allergy in the class, the boy isn't allowed to have the cupcakes because the label on the betty crocker box says "may have been made around nuts, or may contain nuts" you know, so I don't want him to feel left out and just sit there while every one is eating cupcakes. Is there anything I can get from the store before noon for him so he isn't left out? TIA

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 10:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I've seen nut-free products in almost all stores. you should have no problem finding something for him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• If he has a severe allergy then you should not bring the cupcakes at all. Go find something nut free that all the kids can enjoy.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I would buy cupcakes that are nut free. Just stop and get one for him.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I would do what meoma said, I am glad your school allows you to bring homeade stuff our doesnt' :(
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• i make my own stuff but like the others say, wlamart (i'm only using them because it's the one store every city has) has safe cupcakes you can stop off and get. but normally the local stores have them. martins, miejers, giant eagle, kroger and safe way are some of the stores i know sell them. but not sure if you have them where you live
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Do you have a bakery? they should be able to provife you a cup cake that fits the bill
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Bring Oreos. That's what we always do. They are nut-free. But in our school, the allergy kids have a bucket of treats that their mother sent in at the beginning of the year. Just for when everyone else is having a snack.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I do make nut-free cupcakes now for the class. They have a picture of Arthur on the box. I think it's yellow. Maybe called CherryBrook?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2012