If you could cook for....

any famous chef, who would it be? And what would you make?
I would make a meal for either Rick Bayless because I live in Mexico and I know he loves and respects traditional Mexican food. I would make him my "carnitas de atun" (seasoned and marinated little cubes of fresh tuna, deep fried until crispy and served as soft tacos), my vegetable soup in poblano broth and mole from scratch.
And Tom Colicchio, just because I love Top Chef and I know he'll be honest about my food. And he seems a bit Papa Bear to me :)

Sharon

momto2boys973

Asked by momto2boys973 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2012 in Food & Drink

• This makes me wish I could eat fish.

Probably the guy from Diners, Drive Ins and Dives....
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Honestly, I'd be afraid to cook for a famous chef. I'm no where near a professional.
    Well, I guess I could cook for Anne Burrell. Because, on the other hand, I can't be as bad as some of the people on "Worst Cooks in America".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I have no idea what I would cook but Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine and mario Batali are my favories.
    I make an interesting premavera so maybe that.
    Or a roast with corm timbale and roasted brustle sprouts.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Martha Stewart. I know she is not a trained chef but I respect her. Also she is very honest. I would make several different Mexican dishes.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I'd cook for Anthony Bourdain.

First I'd serve a few shot glasses of Absinthe and make Lasagne for dinner. He'll eat anything, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• the first person that popped into my mind is julia fairchild. i used to watch her with my grandma all the time. but i think it would have to be the guy from cake boss. i love making deserts and wouldn't mind working for him.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2012

• "I'd cook for Anthony Bourdain.

First I'd serve a few shot glasses of Absinthe and make Lasagne for dinner. He'll eat anything, lol"

LOL! He's brutal with his criticism, though!
    But by that logic I'll add Andrew Zimmern to my list. I mean, the guy eats tarantulas and Haggis, there's not much he'll say no to
    momto2boys973

Comment by momto2boys973 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Exactly mom, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Paula Dean.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2012